The first of the snow has arrived. Although we have been lucky (so far) here in Ireland, as we’ve only had a few flurry’s. The UK seem to be getting it quite bad. Now don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I hate the snow! In fact I love to wake up and look out the window to a beautiful winter wonderland. However…. I’d then like it to disappear so I can get on with my day. It’s more than welcome to return again at night and repeat the process. I don’t even mind if it hangs around at the weekend for a bit
But just because it’s white and cold outside, doesn’t mean you can’t be white and cosy inside. Get inspired by the whites of a winter wonderland and create a cosy haven with this selection of winter accessories.
- There’s a great selection of winter cushions out there to create your look. From this faux fur from Next, this cute little squirrel or even this reindeer from Marks and Spencer.
- Get all warm and cosy in front of the fire with a throw like this one from Laura Ashley.
- Keep your tootsies warm with these scented slippers from John Lewis. Yes that’s right people, these chunky knit slippers are not only fleece lined but they’re fragranced with vanilla and lavender essential oils. Just pop em in the microwave to warm them up.
- Warm up your accessories too with this birdcage tea light holder from Wilkinson or this vase or wall sconce.
- No need to lose track of time on these dark mornings with this gorgeous clock from Drift Living.
- And if it all gets a bit too white for you, introduce a splash of colour with alphabet art from Ikea,
Hello and welcome to my BlogMy name is Karen Hughes and I'm an Interior Designer from Dublin, Ireland. I’m passionate about design and I started this blog as a way to connect with others just as passionate as myself. I tend to ramble on about all sorts of things, projects I’m working on, people, places and things that inspire me (and some that don’t). So put the kettle on, get comfy and settle in. I hope you enjoy your visit and don't forget to say hello. Visit my website to find out more about my services and view my work.
Tweet TweetMy Tweets
Tagsaccessories art artwork ask the designer bathroom bedroom blogging candles celebrity home christmas colour colour scheme decorating decorating ideas design design advice design trends dining easter entertaining event family life furniture garden gift idea guest post halloween home office inspiration interior design ireland kids kitchen living room my work organisation photography photo of the week project renovation romance social media space planning storage summer
Search This Site
- Get Updates by EmailGet the latest articles from Emerald Interior Design Blog delivered directly to your inbox! Plus all the latest interior design and decorating tips in our monthly newsletter.
Follow Me on Pinterest
I believe in intellectual property rights and provide links and cite sources where possible. If I have failed to give the correct credit, please let me know by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will amend the information as soon as possible.
Also I expect to be credited if any of my images or words are used elsewhere.
Please do let me know if you notice any links on this site are not working.
~ Thanks Karen